Bob began his Martial Arts experience in the late sixties studying Judo and Karate.
He soon realised that Karate was not quite his niche and he continued his search for an Art that would stretch his abilities further. This he found in Wang Kung Shou Tao, which he began studying in the early seventies, and attained Instructor status in 1979.
Studying with leading Teachers of Tai Chi Chuan, and with some guidance from his immediate Teacher (Master Joe Bell), Bob opened his first Taiji class in East Kilbride in September 1985. Since this time, Bob has steered the School to international recognition through the promotion of Tai Chi Chuan at home and abroad.
- Principal Instructor of the 7 Stars School of Taijiquan
- Vice President to the Daoyin Association for Scotland
- Originator and Co-organiser of the Scottish Festival of Martial Arts 1993 & 1994
- Chairman of the Tai Chi Union for Great Britain 1995 – 1998
- Co – organiser of the largest annual residential Tai Chi event in Europe (Tai Chi Caledonia)
- Member of the Technical Panel of the Tai Chi Union for Great Britain
- Member of the Executive Panel of the Tai Chi Union for Great Britain
- Director and originator of the Ayr Festival of Martial Arts
- Regular contributor to Rencontres Jasnieres annual Tai Chi meeting in France
- Contributor to the European Federation of Tai Chi Chuan & Qigong
- Teacher to numerous workshops, demonstrations and lectures throughout the UK and Europe
- Contributor to numerous Martial Art magazines and journals.